Monday, January 10, 2011

Sausage Corn Chowder

My family loves this one!!!  It is a favorite for us all and it has been passed around the states now.  I usually goes really good with corn bread either on the side or crumbled into it.

You Need:
1 roll pork sausage, ground pork (non seasoned)
1 large can cream chicken (low sodium works well)
1 bundle green onion, diced
1 small pkg frozen corn
milk
greek, ms dash (yellow) seasoning
hot sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown your sausage and rinse it in colander.  In stock pot with brown sausage toss the chopped onion and corn.  When corn thaws a bit, add the can of cream chicken.  You will add milk to whatever consistency you desire, then toss in the seasoning.  I sprinkle them both across the whole top of the pot.  The hot sauce only gets a dash or two.  When soup is nice and hot, toss in your cheese (if you toss it in too early, it lumps up funny).  I serve this dish with my corn bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment