Thursday, September 15, 2011

Keep me from evil

Again, I just love having BibleWorks on the computer.  When I don't get the chance to open my Bible upstairs I can just open this program on my PC and a daily devotional will pop up.  I always need help resisting the devil and his temptations.... so I thought I would share these with you guys.

Oh that thou wouldest keep me from evil.

Jabez called out to the God of Israel: "If only You would bless me, extend my border, let Your hand be with me, and keep me from harm, so that I will not cause any pain." And God granted his request.  1 Chronicals 4:10

"Why are you sleeping?" He asked them. "Get up and pray, so that you won't enter into temptation."  Luke 22:46

Stay awake and pray, so that you won't enter into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." Matthew 26:41

Two things I ask of You; don't deny them to me before I die: Keep falsehood and deceitful words far from me. Give me neither poverty nor wealth; feed me with the food I need. Otherwise, I might have too much and deny You, saying, "Who is the LORD?" or I might have nothing and steal, profaning the name of my God.  Proverbs 30:7-9

The LORD will protect you from all harm; He will protect your life.  Psalm 121:7

I will deliver you from the power of evil people and redeem you from the control of the ruthless. Jeremiah 15:21

We know that everyone who has been born of God does not sin, but the One who is born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.  Job 5:18

Because you have kept My command to endure, I will also keep you from the hour of testing that is going to come over the whole world to test those who live on the earth. Revelation 3:10

then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment,  2 Peter 2:9

0 comments:

Post a Comment