Sunday, December 5, 2010

2nd week of advent

Photobucketit is the second week of advent... PEACE.  i know peace can be a buzz word these days and who doesn't want peace, right??  wouldn't it be nice not to be fussing at people,your family, your spouse, the kids.... but i may remind you that Jesus didn't tell us we would have that sort of peace.  our peace may be the soul deep peace that we are exactly where we are meant to be or meant to be going.  peace in the path God is taking us on.  it may be peace that this world is not all there is, that there will be peace in eternal life and rest for our weary bodies.  take heart, brothers and sisters, have hope in the eternal peace of the Son.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubles, neither let them be afraid."  John 14:27

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; i have overcome the world."  John 16:31

have a great second week of advent!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment